Job Title: Manager, Engineering
Due Date: Tuesday, May 23rd, 2023 (5:00PM EST)
Location: Kincardine, ON (Hybrid Working Environment, must be able to report onsite to the Tiverton facility Municipality of Kincardine to perform this job.)
*Security Clearance: At the time of job application, all applicants are required to complete a CSIS Standard Security Clearance to be considered for employment in the nuclear sector. Clearance is a condition of employment and must be completed before a start date can be determined.
As part of the Performance Engineering team and reporting to the Senior Manager, Performance Engineering the successful Manager, Engineering will carry out the standard accountabilities of a Manager for the Tiverton site. The Manager, Engineering will build effective business relationships with the Business, and Union Representatives to form strong relationships.
- Supervise and lead the performance of activities in accordance with Ontario Power Generation and Nuclear safety standards.
- Implement the guidance from HR on the interpretation of collective agreements, procedures and policies.
- Prioritize work, identify critical steps and adjust work assignments to meet needs.
- Collaborate with others to develop and implement operational and maintenance plans efficiently.
- Assist in preparing resource budgets, report costs incurred versus budget and assist with controlling costs.
- Analyze the performance of departments against industry standards, prepare performance improvement plans and incorporate into work programs and business plans.
- Be able to investigate, identify and implement corrective and improvement actions and provide progress reports to managers.
- Ensure effective short & long term workforce forecasting are is in place to accurately predict the requirement of critical skill Nuclear Staff.
- Track corrective and improvement actions and provide progress reports.
- Support the Nuclear Sustainability Services strategic plan.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years of people management experience with facilitative leadership skills.
- Must possess a high level of integrity and personal accountability with a focus on engaging employees with varied and unique skill sets to perform at their best, while promoting the development of the team.
- Experience working within the nuclear industry is strongly preferred.
- Experience in equipment reliability and aging asset management will be an asset.
- Proven drive for results; demonstrated solid judgement with a strong business acumen with proven track records of achieving success on various projects, while providing valued input to a management team.
- People orientated with strong interpersonal skills, adept at building and maintaining positive, productive, and collaborative working relationships and partnership.
- A strong attention to detail, ability to quickly understand business processes, assess risk, compare risk of alternatives, and be able to balance the risks and potential business benefits associated.
- Ability to analyze complex situations to reach appropriate conclusions.
- Ability to communicate effectively, possess excellent oral and writing skills, and strong facilitation, negotiation, influencing and presentation skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced changing environment while effectively managing and adapting to multiple changing priorities.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
All applicants are required to complete a CSIS Security Clearance to be considered for employment in the Nuclear sector.
Failure to initiate/apply for a CSIS Security Clearance will result in your application being rejected.
- Job ID: 500-1829
- Job Type: Full Time (Employee)
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Level: Senior
- Location: Kincardine
- Closing Date: Tuesday, May 23rd, 2023 (5:00PM EST)