We are currently requesting resumes for the following position: Intermediate Mechatronics Controls Engineering
Number of Vacancies: 1
Reports to: Automotive and Nuclear departments, such as, Project Managers and Project Engineers, test and assembly
Location: GTA West
Working Conditions: In-office, shop floor, field service in Canada and USA mixed sedentary and hands-on active setting with a minimum of a 40-hour work week, 8 hours per day. Potential overtime hours on evenings and weekends at peak business hours to ensure business continuance. Occasional requirement to be in a production environment for certain phases of projects. In addition, some occasional lifting to a maximum of up to 25 lbs. Occasional technical troubleshooting to determine if a physical or software issue. Occasional travel is required (approximately 20% annually within North America).
- Mechatronics Controls Engineering is for the integration of control processors, control devices, actuators, and specialty devices with their control systems, robots, pneumatic controls and devices, and other mechanical fixtures into one operating system.
- This role provides an opportunity for the incumbent to further develop and apply mechatronics capabilities to support career progression within preferred field of specialization.
- Independently: Programming PLC, Robots, Operator’s Interface, setting up industrial networks, Specialty Devices such as nut runners, bowl feeders, laser markers, etc.
- Under supervision: Specifying and selecting industrial control devices and designing electrical control systems. Servo motion systems
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Contribute Actively to System Integration during system development and design, start-up and testing
- Field support of the system
- Understand The Client’s scheduling and budget requirements and apply personal management skills to meet required time and material allowances.
- Communicate effectively with management, fellow staff, and customers the status of current projects, project concerns and possible solutions.
- Reviews machine function with the project’s senior electrical developer, mechanical design personnel, and mechanical developer.
- Study drawings, manuals, and specifications, then use appropriate software to write all necessary programs.
- Ability to program I/O systems above 128 I/O, including networked components, motion control, vision, robotics, and weld control.
- Ability to understand and apply high-end PLC commands and HMI usage.
- Document all software written as per the Client’s standards.
- Develop all software written to achieve specified performance criteria. The development will be done in a “team” environment, including electrical and mechanical interests.
- Research and develop applications and use of products involved in a project. Research and development records are to be filed for future reference. Successes and failures are to be entered under “Best Practices.”
- Mark drawings “as built” throughout the project.
- Travel as required.
- Additional duties as required.
Skills and Qualifications Requirements:
- College or University level Electrical or Mechatronics Engineering program
- Minimum 2+ years of experience with engineering of automated machinery and robotics
- Field service experience
- Team Player- Contributor
- Effective communicator with the ability to speak to groups, customers, suppliers, and engineers
- Analytical thinker with the ability to take the lead on solving problems and issues that may arise
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
All applicants are required to complete a CSIS Security Clearance to be considered for employment in the Nuclear sector.
Failure to initiate/apply for a CSIS Security Clearance will result in your application being rejected.
- Job ID: 911-007
- Job Type: Consultant (Incorporated Contractor)
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Level: Intermediate
- Location: GTA West
- Closing Date: