Resume Due Date: Thu Jul 11, 2019 (5:00PM EST)
Duration: 12 month contract, required immediately until May 2020
Location: Darlington and Toronto, travel between sites
- Assist in the development of strategies, policies, procedures and guidelines through research, analysis and input from stakeholders in the area of general accounting practices.
- Maintain a professional awareness in relation to current accounting practice, GAAP and general business environment, the utility industry and be able to communicate impacts and implications throughout the business.
- Conduct investigations into specialized accounting areas or needs and prepare procedures to account for such issues that balance all stakeholder needs.
- Review accounting practices and provide a due diligence assessment as to the accuracy, consistency and appropriateness of analysis and conclusions being reached.
- Provide management reports utilizing financial systems and other inputs and assist clients in interpretation of financial and operational results.
- Ensure the integrity of the decision support process through support for the preparation and review of business case summaries.
- Participate in the development and implementation of financial information systems and procedures.
- Maintain and support in-service financial systems within assigned area of responsibility.
- Analyze system operating and maintenance costs, and recommend changes to improve efficiency.
- Give advice, guidance and assistance to systems users on issues related to the scope of management system development, operation, and maintenance.
- This position requires knowledge of business related disciplines such as: finance, business administration, computer science or accounting to research, analyze and provide input from stakeholders in the area of general accounting practices to assist in the development of strategies, policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Knowledge of financial management systems to participate in the development, implementation and maintenance of financial systems.
- Requires progression towards the achievement of a professional accounting designation (ie, CA, CGA, CMA).
- Effective oral and written communication skills to prepare effective documentation to prepare financial procedures.
- This knowledge is considered to be normally acquired through the completion of 4 years of University training (Grade XII plus 5 years).
- Experience working in a financial or accounting environment in a comparable organization to become familiar in financial analysis, controllership and financial systems.
- Business experience with accounting policies, procedures, strategies, guidelines, decision making process and structures to understand business unit plans to assist in the development of financial strategies, policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Experience with financial management systems to gain an in-depth and wide-ranging knowledge to participate in the development and implementation of financial information systems.
- 3-5 years of working experience.
- A candidate with budget/forecast/project experience is ideal.
All applicants are required to complete a CSIS Security Clearance to be considered for employment in the Nuclear sector.
Failure to initiate/apply for a CSIS Security Clearance will result in your application being rejected.
- Job ID: #500-1380
- Job Type: Consultant (Incorporated Contractor)
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Level: Intermediate
- Location: Darlington/Toronto
- Duration: 12 months
- Closing Date: Thu Jul 11, 2019 (4:30PM EST)