We are requesting resumes for the following position: Electrical Design Technician (CET)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Duration: 6-12 Months
Location: Whiteshell, Manitoba (On-Site)
The Electrical Design Technician will work in a multi-disciplinary branch providing integrated project management, engineering, design and construction services for nuclear and non-nuclear facilities at the Whiteshell (WL) site. Under general direction from the Branch Manager, the employee will contribute to the development of conceptual, preliminary and detailed designs of electrical power systems.
The Client’s employees perform all duties in accordance with established health and safety and regulations/guidelines, policies and procedures (i.e. utilizing personal protective equipment as per safe work procedures). Notifies management or supervisor of all occurrences, injuries, illnesses or safety and health concerns which are likely to harm themselves, their co-workers or any other on the premises in a timely manner and in accordance with established reporting requirements.
Education & Experience
- Graduation from a recognized institute of advanced technology, or equivalent formal education and has more than eight (8) years of relevant technological experience.
- Secondary School graduation diploma or its equivalent and has more than 12 years of relevant experience, or the equivalent in experience, additional education and/or training.
Abilities and Skills
- Must possess a strong knowledge of design drafting technique and practice.
- Possess knowledge and skills in drafting electrical drawings using computer aided drafting and design (CADD).
- Must be capable of producing neat, legible, and accurate drawings in a reasonable time.
- Proficiency in both written and oral communication is required.
- Good verbal and written communication skills are required. The successful candidate must be able to follow and implement complex procedures.
- Ability to work effectively in a multidisciplinary team and interact with staff at various levels of the organization.
- Solving and/or providing recommendations for technical issues.
- Interpreting marked up drawings.
Functions and Responsibilities
- Assigned as a design job leader including job management and execution oversight.
- Provide assistance in resolving identified issues to prevent or mitigate loss of schedule and budget.
- Provide job updates and status reports to management.
- Guiding the work of several technologists, coordinating schedules and assigning tasks to reach an overall objective within cost, quality and time requirements.
- Providing mentorship and technical oversight to junior technologists.
- Preparation of engineering drawings and related documents for electrical design.
- Revision of existing CADD and hand drawings.
- Revisions to Master Equipment Lists (MELs) to identify equipment removed from service.
- Engineering support during decommissioning activities.
- Checking the work of junior staff and providing guidance.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
All applicants are required to complete a CSIS Security Clearance to be considered for employment in the Nuclear sector.
Failure to initiate/apply for a CSIS Security Clearance will result in your application being rejected.
- Job ID: 700-363
- Job Type: Consultant (Incorporated Contractor)
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Level: Senior
- Location: Whiteshell, Manitoba
- Duration: 6-12 Months
- Closing Date: