We are requesting resumes for the following position: Department Manager, Outage
Resume Due Date: Friday, January 27, 2023 (5:00pm)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Level: Band G (Senior)
Duration: up to January 31, 2025
Location: P82 (889 Brock Rd), Pickering
Hours: To support Pickering outages. Services are only required during outages for the period of time that an Department Manager, Outage is required. This position requires 24/7 shiftwork required during outages. A-E shift schedule.
2022 – approximately 4 months
2023 – approximately 7 months
2024 – approximately 7 months
2025 – approximately 1 month
Support the Director Work Management, Director Operations & Maintenance Refurbishment, or Director Refurbishment Interface and VBO in achieving business goals and improving station performance, in the area of outage planning and execution.
- Establish outage management practices consistent with Ontario Power Generation, Nuclear Standards and business objectives. Determine scope and prioritize outage work to be performed.
- Approve the overall logic for safe and efficient execution of outage work. Establish appropriate schedules for outage work. Integrate project work with outage work. (Not applicable in Nuclear Refurbishment)
- Measure and report performance in scheduling and executing planned outage work.
- Identify and implement improvements to the outage scheduling process. Provide guidance to managers regarding improvements to outage execution processes.
- Review and maintain the station long-range outage plan.
- Ensure that outage plans and logics are in accordance with Power Reactor Operating Licence and Operating Policies and Procedures.
- Administering and Controlling the assigned budgets to achieve required outputs.
- Requires practical experience in the operation of multi-unit Candu nuclear facility, as associated with the Nuclear qualification program, to become familiar with the systems, equipment, and processes involved in the operation and maintenance of the plant.
- Requires on-the-job experience to appreciate the interrelationship between the various systems, equipment and processes.
- Requires a sound understanding of the relationship between systems, equipment and processes as they relate to public and worker safety, in order to be capable of using this experience and comprehension to facilitate the solution of problems.
- Requires experience in supervisory capacity to effectively direct the work of the unit.
- A period of over 8 years and up to an including 10 years is considered necessary to gain this experience.
- Re-hires are welcome to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
All applicants are required to complete a CSIS Security Clearance to be considered for employment in the Nuclear sector.
Failure to initiate/apply for a CSIS Security Clearance will result in your application being rejected.
- Job ID: 500-1758
- Job Type: Consultant (Incorporated Contractor)
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Level: Senior
- Location: Pickering
- Duration: up to January 31, 2025
- Closing Date: Friday, January 27, 2023 (5:00pm)