We are currently requesting resumes for the following position: Civil Engineer
Resume Due Date: Monday, September 26, 2022 (5:00PM EST)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Level: MP3 (Intermediate)
Duration: 1 year
Location: 14000 Niagara Parkway, Niagara-On-The-Lake
Hours: up to 35 hours per week
- Plan, coordinate and conduct civil/structural engineering assessments, studies, inspections, investigations, designs, rehabilitations and evaluations for steel structures, concrete dams & structures, earth structures, septic systems, secondary containments, foundations and other civil works associated with hydroelectric and thermal generating stations and associated infrastructure.
- Preparation of drawings, technical specifications, construction estimates, Request for Proposals, proposal evaluation, award, contract negotiations & administration & co-ordination, construction monitoring, resolution of contract disputes.
- Provide input to business plans, work plans, budgets with respect to project priorities, schedules and resource requirements.
- Collaborate with customers, stakeholders, consultants, contractors, and government agencies as required.
- As a technical expert in civil/structural analysis provide advice, guidance, consultation and services to engineering problems including:
- Civil/structural engineering matters related to projects.
- Stability analysis of concrete structures associated with hydroelectric & thermal generation.
- Equipment/ machine support/ foundation issues including, interpretation of monitoring results;
- Rock foundation/concrete dam interface issues;
- Assessment, design and rehabilitation of bridges, access roads and drainage
- Respond to equipment failure, unsatisfactory equipment performance, conduct field investigations, prepare reports, and recommend actions.
- Develop plans, standards and technical procedures for inspection, maintenance and monitoring programs.
- Design instrumentation systems for concrete, earth & steel structures (dams)
- Participate in Dam Safety Program by conducting Dam Inspections, instrumentation monitoring, data evaluation, periodic reviews, site investigations and emergency preparedness/ response activities.
- Serve on study, project teams or task groups.
- 4 year university degree in civil engineering with structural or geotechnical specialty.
- Unrestricted P. Eng. certification in good standing in the Province of Ontario.
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a Civil Engineer is preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the OH&S Act and Regulations, especially for Industrial Establishments (Ont. Reg. 851) & Construction (Ont. Reg. 213) in Ontario & the Ontario Building Code Compendium & various codes and standards associated with civil/structural/geotechnical engineering and application of their requirements.
- Experience with planning and conducting assessments, studies, inspections, investigations, designing, evaluating, construction monitoring & maintenance of civil works associated with hydroelectric and thermal generating stations.
- Experience using construction methods, testing and inspection of concrete and steel for analysis of conditions in response to development, dam safety assessment, maintenance/rehabilitation requirements of generation stations.
- Experience in Civil engineering associated with design, rehabilitation of civil assets, including civil/structural analysis, design, and finite element methods and associated software.
- Ability to Independently problem solve with methods and tools required for civil/structural engineering applications.
- Knowledge of Dam safety requirements for concrete dams, water retaining structures, dam instrumentation, grouting, seismology, earthquake engineering, machine foundation vibration, and vibration monitoring and interpretation.
- Knowledge of Dam performance monitoring and evaluation including instrumentation design, instrumentation and monitoring data review, assessment of data from automated data acquisition systems, and defining instrumentation and inspection requirements at specific sites.
- Experience conducting field inspections (OSIM) and associated activities for Dam Safety and other work programs at remote plant/dam sites.
- Knowledge of Dam Safety Program support including Dam Safety Reviews, Dam Performance Monitoring, Instrumentation Data analysis and Dam Safety Inspections.
- Experience with assessments, review and design associated with seismology, earthquake engineering and machine floor loading/vibration in relation to thermal and hydroelectric generating stations.
- Software associated with civil/structural design, field survey, monitoring and instrumentation.
- Experience in analysis and remediation of concrete dam seepage, rock anchors and grouting.
- Reporting preparation, and strong communication and interpersonal skills; ability to work with people.
- A results oriented, efficient & value oriented focus, excellent verbal and written communicator, with high integrity to uphold company values including H&S, and protection of the environment.
- Able to work in confined space (as defined in the occupational health and safety act).
- Experience in a Hydro/Thermal plant is an asset.
- Valid Ontario Drivers License in good standing.
- Willingness to travel via road, airplane, float plane, helicopter etc. 25% of time.
All applicants are required to complete a CSIS Security Clearance to be considered for employment in the Nuclear sector.
Failure to initiate/apply for a CSIS Security Clearance will result in your application being rejected.
- Job ID: 500-1759
- Job Type: Consultant (Incorporated Contractor)
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Level: Intermediate
- Location: Niagara
- Duration: 1 year
- Closing Date: Monday, September 26, 2022 (5:00PM EST)