We are requesting resumes for the following position: Civil Design Technician, (CET)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Duration: 6 months
Location: Whiteshell, Manitoba (On-Site)
The Civil Design Technician will work in a multi-disciplinary branch providing integrated project management, engineering, design and construction services for nuclear and non-nuclear facilities at the Whiteshell (WL) site. Under general direction from the Branch Manager, the employee will contribute to the development of conceptual, preliminary and detailed designs of civil, building services, outdoor services, architectural, structural and/or HVAC design.
The Client’s employees perform all duties in accordance with established health and safety and regulations/guidelines, policies and procedures (i.e. utilizing personal protective equipment as per safe work procedures). Notifies management or supervisor of all occurrences, injuries, illnesses or safety and health concerns which are likely to harm themselves, their co-workers or any other on the premises in a timely manner and in accordance with established reporting requirements.
Education & Experience
- Graduation from a recognized institute of advanced technology, or equivalent formal education and has more than six (6) years of relevant technological experience.
- Secondary School graduation diploma or equivalent and has more than 10 years of relevant experience, or the equivalent in experience, additional education and/or training.
Abilities and Skills
- Possess a strong knowledge of design drafting technique and practice.
- Must be capable of producing neat, legible, and accurate drawings in reasonable time.
- Proficiency in both written and oral communication is required. The successful candidate must be able to follow and implement complex procedures.
- Initiative, motivation, and good people skills to work with peers as well as both internal and external customers in a team environment.
- Ability to work effectively in a multidisciplinary team and interact with staff at various levels of the organization.
- Interpreting marked up drawings.
Functions and Responsibilities
- Being assigned as a design job leader including job management and execution oversight.
- Provide assistance in resolving identified issues to prevent or mitigate loss of schedule and budget.
- Provide job updates and status reports to management.
- Guiding the work of several technologists, coordinating schedules and assigning tasks to reach an overall objective within cost, quality and time requirements.
- Providing mentorship and technical oversight to junior technologists.
- Checking the work of junior staff and providing guidance.
- Preparation of engineering drawings and related documents for civil, building services, outdoor services, architectural, structural and/or HVAC design.
- Preparation and revision to CADD drawings using AutoCAD, Revit and Civil3D.
- Revision to hand drawings.
- Conducting walk downs to support, troubleshoot and revise civil, building services, outdoor services, architectural, structural and/or HVAC systems.
- Updating the Enterprise Asset Management System (EAMS) or the Electronic Document and Records Management System (EDRMS) documentation for equipment on Instrument, Valve or Equipment lists.
- Identifying and requesting additional resources required to complete assigned work on schedule.
- Provide support in the preparation of as-built drawings.
- Personal commitment to safety and a questioning attitude.
- Self-motivated individual showing attention to detail and accuracy.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
All applicants are required to complete a CSIS Security Clearance to be considered for employment in the Nuclear sector.
Failure to initiate/apply for a CSIS Security Clearance will result in your application being rejected.
- Job ID: 700-369
- Job Type: Consultant (Incorporated Contractor)
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Level: Senior
- Location: Whiteshell, Manitoba
- Duration: 6 months
- Closing Date: