We are requesting resumes for the following position: Change Readiness Specialist
Resume Due Date: Friday, May 26th, 2023 (5:00PM EST)
Number of Vacancies: 2
Level: MP5 (Senior)
Duration: 18 Months
Location: 889 Brock Rd, Pickering
Hours: up to 35 hours a week
*Security Clearance: At the time of job application, all applicants are required to complete a CSIS Standard Security Clearance to be considered for employment in the nuclear sector. Clearance is a condition of employment and must be completed before a start date can be determined.
This role focuses on the people side of change, supporting IT Projects, strategizing, and executing change management plans in accordance with established OCM guidelines, framework, and processes. The Specialist will take guidance from the Senior Manager, IT Organizational Change and will manage specified change projects within the CIO portfolio.
- Work closely with the project team to understand specific project objectives, timelines, and impacts to end users.
- Work directly with sponsors or business owners of the change; understand goals for the change and be able to translate them into impacts to the organization.
- Document the case for change and review project timelines and deliverables.
- Document the current and intended future state (if not in project charter, business case or plan).
- Lead Project Team through the stakeholder assessment and business readiness, in collaboration with the Process Owner.
- Lead impacted stakeholder groups through business readiness planning.
- Assess stakeholder readiness for the change including identifying people-side risks and anticipated points of resistance; evaluate the results and present findings.
- Develop an actionable change management strategy for the change based on situational awareness of the details of the change.
- Engage the Corporate and Station Training teams to support Training Strategy and Plan development and execution.
- Engage communications team to support development of Communication Strategy and Plan and/or manage communication plans that utilize various channels to reach impacted stakeholder groups.
- Assess and develop plan to address change risks.
- Execute or manage the communication plan, crafting or coordinating clearly articulated messages that prepare and motivate users for adopting the change.
- May potentially lead or help manage other OCM resources in the same work stream.
- Participate in the Monitor and Sustain phase with the Project Manager and Sponsor, which may include assisting with lessons learned assessments.
- Knowledge of human resources, business administration, including change management subjects.
- Requires a good knowledge of computer applications, techniques and analytical research methods to arrive at measures to contribute to the planning and transition needs of the function.
- Requires strong oral and written communication skills to prepare clear and comprehensive documents, and converse effectively with others. This knowledge is normally acquired through the successful completion of 4 years of university training in an appropriate field of study.
- Knowledge of Change Management methodologies including ADKAR and Kotter.
- Excellent interpersonal and active listening skills. Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships.
- Proven ability to function well in a highly matrixed organization and take direction from multiple sources.
- Experience interacting with leadership and staff at all levels; strong personal presence.
- Experience managing change on a project being developed using various approaches.
- Strong problem solving and root cause identification skills.
- Strong meeting facilitation and presentation skills.
- Familiarity with project management approaches, tools and phases of the project lifecycle.
- 2+ years of experience supporting IT-related organizational change management efforts.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
All applicants are required to complete a CSIS Security Clearance to be considered for employment in the Nuclear sector.
Failure to initiate/apply for a CSIS Security Clearance will result in your application being rejected.
- Job ID: 500-1831
- Job Type: Consultant (Incorporated Contractor)
- Number of Vacancies: 2
- Level: Senior
- Location: Pickering
- Duration: 18 Months
- Closing Date: Friday, May 26th, 2023 (5:00PM EST)