We are currently requesting resumes for the following position: Advisor, Commercial Contracts
Resume Due Date: Monday, November 21, 2022 (5:00PM EST)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Level: MP4 (Senior)
Duration: 3 years
Location: 889 Brock Rd., Pickering / 1 Holt Rd., Bowmanville (Darlington Site)
Hours: up to 35 hours per week
- Participate and support initiatives, of cross-functional teams comprised of senior management from both internal and external stakeholders to develop commercial agreements that include those with fuel suppliers, transportation suppliers, power pools, government agencies, public utilities, other entities involved in generation, transmission or the provision of services to the energy industry.
- Assist in the development, negotiation, writing, and implementation of agreements, or amendments to these agreements, that are technically, commercially and legally complex, and may in some cases have a significant financial implication to OPG. Monitor agreement compliance and obligations and develop and report on performance criteria & measures. Identify and implement continuous improvement initiatives, including amendments to existing agreements where they would be in the mutual interest to the
- Qualifications parties of the agreements. Manage and support projects and transactions from start to completion with advice from the Manager and or SR Advisor.
- Assist and support the SR Advisor and/or Manager with internal and external stakeholders to develop, improve, modify, write, implement and monitor processes to meet the obligations of the parties as set out in commercial service agreements. Participate in creating or revising business processes where applicable.
- Act as a resource to internal stakeholders on the corporation’s obligations in respect of the commercial agreements. Provide functional input to internal stakeholders / end users on agreement specifics and ensure it is followed through in order to minimize corporate risks. Respond to inquiries regarding agreement specifics including but not limited to commercial terms, performance expectations, property assignments, easements, intellectual property rights, operations etc. Provide assistance to OPG line functions on discharging the obligations of OPG as set out in the commercial service agreements.
- Ensure all activity is carried out in accordance with Risk Management Policy and Controls.
- Perform assigned tasks, assign tasks and review / monitor work performed by others within OPG in support of Commercial Contracts’ mandate.
- Keep abreast of regulatory and market developments to ensure the impact of these developments are addressed in commercial agreements and initiatives. Identify and communicate potential business opportunities, including developing industry contacts to gain intelligence.
- Provide analytical and planning support for complex / major projects and contract negotiations.
- Support or participate in negotiations of new or amended agreements with external parties or their agents.
- Coordinate specialized corporate support functions (e.g., legal, finance, risk assessment, insurance, etc.) for agreement /contract negotiations and document creation.
- Prepare recommendations and documentation to enable the approval and execution of new agreements &/or amendments to agreements. Control and coordinate the communication and distribution of new or amended agreements to internal stakeholders /end users.
- Prepare information memoranda and/or presentations for management and be capable of making effective presentations.
- Monitor and periodically summarize the revenues from and the OPG costs associated with the commercial agreements. Upon request, provide the revenue-cost data as input to the evidence packages for the Ontario Energy Board rate setting hearings.
- Provide revenue, cost and net income associated with commercial agreements for OPG’s business planning process.
- Ensure quality and timely delivery of task or project outputs meeting set requirements and expectations and take the necessary and timely corrective actions to rectify any identified problems.
- Provide support to other corporate functions to identify and analyze threats and opportunities as they relate to the commercial agreements.
- Within the general context of the job responsibilities, participate in continuous improvement initiatives and make suggestions on how to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the department, processes, governance, etc., and how to best meet the needs of both the internal and external stakeholders.
- Other Duties as Required
- Requires knowledge of engineering, business practices, strategic management, economics, contract law, real estate management, environmental management, organizational behavior, operations management, and/or management systems in order to perform the tasks and activities in support of technically and commercially complex major projects.
- Requires a sound knowledge of English (both written and verbal communication skills) to prepare agreements and contracts, briefing papers and carry out ongoing communications with internal and external stakeholders required to accomplish work objectives.
- This knowledge is considered to be normally acquired through the completion of 4 years of university training in engineering, management science or business administration or equivalent level of education.
- Experience and familiar with OPG business and its internal organizational contacts and relationships.
- Experience and familiar with operations and corporate functions, engineering services, and technical support in order to understand stakeholder requirements.
- Experience and familiar with the overall design, operations and maintenance of generating facilities, operating policies and processes in order to understand technical issues.
- Experience and familiar with developing, negotiating, writing and implementation of agreements or amendments to these agreements, which are technically, commercially and legally complex. Requires experience in developing business relationships with external contacts such as fuel suppliers, transportation suppliers, power pools, government agencies, public utilities, other entitled involved in generation, transmission or the provision of services to the energy industry.
- A period of over 6 years and up to and including 8 years is considered necessary to gain this experience.
All applicants are required to complete a CSIS Security Clearance to be considered for employment in the Nuclear sector.
Failure to initiate/apply for a CSIS Security Clearance will result in your application being rejected.
- Job ID: 500-1766
- Job Type: Consultant (Incorporated Contractor)
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Level: Senior
- Location: Bowmanville/Pickering
- Duration: 3 years
- Closing Date: Monday, November 21, 2022 (5:00PM EST)