We are currently requesting resumes for the following position: Senior Technical Engineer/Officer
Resume Due Date: Thursday, September 9, 2021 (5:00PM EST)
Number of Vacancies: 2
Duration: 2 years
Hours of Work: 35 hours/week
Reporting to the Project Manager, the Senior Technical Engineer/Officer will be on a multidisciplinary team to advance the planning, site preparation, vendor oversight, and advancement of the development of Small Modular Reactor technology for deployment at Darlington. The Senior Technical Engineer/Officer will coordinate and collaborate with both internal/external stakeholders to understand and contribute to scope definition, schedules, cost, and quality performance for the assigned project scope(s).
This is an exciting opportunity to work in an environment where you will contribute to the client’s continued growth and success in generating safe, clean, reliable low-cost power in a sustainable manner.
- Coordinating, facilitating and driving project scoping, planning, execution.
- Coordinate the clarification of design and specification requirements, and arrange for necessary changes.
- Coordinate and participate in the preparation of specifications, bid packages, evaluation of tenders, and purchasing recommendations.
- Arrange and lead meetings.
- Prepare scope of work documents, feed into Estimating processes, and assist in preparing Business Case Summaries.
- Review construction contractor labour estimates, schedules, execution plans and oversight plans.
- Provide oversight of construction contractors for planning, scope identification, risks, estimates/budgets and field execution.
- Evaluate vendor proposals, negotiate contracts, provide recommendations.
- Initiate, manage, and administer contracts.
- Provide management and project managers with regular reports.
- A minimum 2 years of relevant work experience within project engineering.
- Ideal candidates will have worked in a Nuclear environment.
- Experience executing modifications at OPG as MTL or Project Manager.
- Experience with Enterprise Project Management processes at OPG.
- Experience and ability as a team player to understand and manage the interrelationships of various internal and external groups in order to facilitate objectives and ensure projects satisfy stakeholder requirements.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and be comfortable leading meetings and giving presentations.
- Have experience and/or willingness to interface with vendors.
- Have a strong interest in fast-paced, challenging work environments where showing initiative and self motivation are assets.
- Proven track record on delivering results.
- Strong in understanding, executing and following governance and procedures with a questioning and analytical attitude/approach under minimum required supervision.
- Knowledge of client’s ECC Process (Engineering Change Control) is an asset.
- The successful candidate will exhibit uncompromising integrity and commitment to upholding corporate values, and the code of business conduct.
All applicants are required to complete a CSIS Security Clearance to be considered for employment in the Nuclear sector.
Failure to initiate/apply for a CSIS Security Clearance will result in your application being rejected.
- Job ID: 500-1607
- Job Type: Consultant (Incorporated Contractor)
- Number of Vacancies: 2
- Level: Senior
- Location: Ajax
- Duration: 2 years
- Closing Date: Thursday, September 9, 2021 (5:00PM EST)